Learn about the key features, specifications, and use of Levemir® FlexTouch®.
Levemir® is now exclusive Tier 1a on UnitedHealthcare® and preferred on Coventry. Available on more than 96% of Commerical and Medicare Part D plans nationwide.
aAverage Tier 1 co-pay may vary by benefit design. Does not include UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
FlexTouch® makes an audible end-of-dose clickb (dial resets to 0).
bPatient may or may not hear an audible click at end of dose. Dose is delivered when dial resets to 0 and the needle is held in the skin for 6 seconds. If the needle is removed earlier, patients may see a stream of insulin coming from the needle. If so, this may result in a possible under-dose as much as 20%, and patient should be instructed to increase the frequency of checking their blood glucose levels with possible additional insulin administration. Please see Instructions For Use for complete instructions.
No Push-Button Extension
FlexTouch® is the only prefilled insulin pen without an extending push button. No matter what dose is dialed, the FlexTouch® push button doesn't extend any higher.
Up to 42 Days Unrefrigerated
Levemir® FlexTouch® lasts up to 42 days unrefrigerated.4,c
cMust be kept at room temperature, below 86°F (30°C) once in use. Levemir® FlexTouch® (opened or unopened) must be discarded 42 days after it is taken out of the refrigerator.
“Regardless of dose size, Levemir® FlexTouch® enables patients to deliver insulin without having to reach for an extended push button. This new technology has the potential to make a difference in insulin administration for many of my patients.”
–Wendy S. Lane, MD
“No matter how much Levemir® I’m taking, it’s no longer a struggle to reach the push button with the Levemir® FlexTouch®. Would I recommend the Levemir® FlexTouch® to another patient? Definitely YES.”
–Martin L., Patient
NovoFine® needles: Designed with patients in mind
- Single-use, disposable injection needles – available in 30G (8 mm) or 32G (6 mm)d
- SuperFlow Technology™ designed to enhance flow rate and reduce dosing force when injecting
- NovoFine® needles fit all major insulin devices
- Little or no pain- A majority of patients using the NovoFine® 32G Tip needle experience little or no pain.5
dNeedles are sold separately and may require a prescription in some states.
Levemir ® FlexPen ® Discontinuation
- As a result of the launch of Levemir® FlexTouch®, Novo Nordisk will be discontinuing Levemir® FlexPen® on September 30, 2014. Levemir® FlexPen® will remain available in pharmacies while supplies last. Once their inventory is exhausted, no additional product will be available. Therefore we encourage you to speak with your patients about Levemir® FlexTouch®.
- A new prescription is required to convert patients from Levemir® FlexPen® to Levemir® FlexTouch®.
- Levemir® FlexTouch® is offered to patients at no additional cost and will have the same coverage and co-pay as Levemir® FlexPen®. All patient savings plans for Levemir® will continue to be honored.